We Treat Every Animal As If It Were Our Own!
Muddy Creek Animal Hospital has been delivering optimal pet care since 1988. Our veterinary practice is proud to serve families from West River, Shady Side, Deale, Churchton, Galesville, Lothian, Harwood, and Edgewater. We’re proud to provide service to our local Maryland community, as well as the greater area, whenever their pets need us most!
At Muddy Creek Animal Hospital, our mission is to provide the best possible care to your pet by treating every animal as if it were our own. This means our veterinarians pay extreme attention to detail and work hard to provide consistently compassionate care. You can visit our Pain Management Policy page to learn more about our surgical protocols and how we manage your pets pain while under anesthesia.
We’re thrilled you’ve taken the time out to read about our veterinary practice and learn more about the comprehensive array of services we offer. You can check out our Facebook Page to see what we’re up to and leave your comments and suggestions for us as well!
Appointments start at 7:00 AM and on Saturdays at 9 AM. We are closed Sundays. Our Surgeries are scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
What separates us from the rest?
- Dr. Nisson appears on the “Pat Goss” radio show to discuss pet safety during the summer months.
- Our practice provides staffing for the rabies clinic at Owensville Primary Care (www.owensvillepc.com)
- We were named finalist the the Capital Readers Choice Award in 2008, 2015 and 2016 www.capitalgazette.com
- Dr. Nisson was recipient of the Gene Hall award (2014) South County Chamber of Commerce www.southcounty.org
- Voted Best Veterinary Hospital in Bay Weekly 2001, 2009 and 2015 www.bayweekly.com
- Voted Best Animal Hospital in 2011 and 2014 and Best Pet Care in 2017 by Washingtonian Magazine www.Washingtonian-Magazine.com
- Dr. Nisson made an appearance on Animal Planet in 2003 www.animalplanet.com
- Chesapeake Current wrote an article about the Gene Hall Award and the visiting Blue Ridge Blood Bank www.chesapeakecurrent.com
- Dr. Gray is an active member of the International Veterinary Association of Pain Management and lectures in the Baltimore\Washington area.
Recognized for Excellence by
The Washingtonian Magazine
In 2017, Muddy Creek Animal Hospital received the Best Pet Care award named by Washingtonian Magazine.
The 2015 issue of Washingtonian Magazine named Muddy Creek Animal Hospital as one of the top veterinary hospitals in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia area.
A survey of veterinarians and thousands of pet owners led to Muddy Creek being named for these honors.